
I've mentioned before that I'm on a detoxifying diet.
Its quite a journey. I'll spare you the gory details, but will tell you that I'm finally reaching the phase that isn't quite as restrictive. Having said that, I'm still not consuming any grains, dairy, or sugar (which tells you how restrictive the first part was!).
But this girl has missed treats. Like coffee, the occasional glass of wine, and dessert!
My friend Stefanii, who is also doing the GAPS diet, graciously pointed me in the direction of this recipe, and after trying a sample at her house, I rushed home to make my own stash.
Stefanii added some vanilla and cocoa butter to the original recipe. I added salt and a sprinkle of ground coffee......Mmmmmm.
Just the treat I was looking for.
And these babies are guilt-free goodness for your body!
Whole food Cocoa truffles
1 C cocoa powder
1/4 C coconut oil, melted
1/4 C honey (raw)
1/2 C coconut cream
1 1/2 Tbsp. cocoa butter
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
pinch of ground coffee
Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate for 10-15 min. Take out and roll into balls (25-30). Roll in either cocoa powder or finely chopped nuts.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment