About a month from now, my husband will be unemployed. And we still dont have a plan. Normally, this sort of impending crisis would be fueling heart palpitations and sleepless nights. We're both first borns and first borns dont just carry on without plans. Its been a long year of hoping, dreaming, and praying to be led into the right scenario. And we never imagined mid-April would come without a secure sense of where we belong.
But something very unexpected has come about. Our belonging it turns out, has nothing (or very little) to do with the job. And we're profoundly secure, smack in the midst of the unknowns. As children of a loving and faithful Father, we are at rest. (Not to say we always feel at rest...we're human....we freak out and worry sometimes!)
We gathered on the shores of Lake Michigan this past weekend for a retreat with friends. Months ago I had hoped to share exciting news with them of our new job over the weekend. Instead, we received encouragement to keep waiting with hope....to endure a patient sort of suffering that deepens the roots of our faith. To expect that the God who has carried us this far will continue to provide perfectly.
I believe that He will.
This is my (almost) weekly contribution to Grace-laced Mondays.....click below for more!

3 comments:
I can relate to the job insecurity deepening of faith experience. We are going through the same thing as well... Consider it pure joy when you face trails of many kinds,because you know the testing of your faith produces perseverance. James 1:2-3.
I'm happy you are finding peace in Him.
We stepped into the unknown about five months ago as well. I quit my job to stay home with our children; right before I turned in my resignation, I found out I was pregnant with our fourth child. We were bombarded with people who couldn't understand why I'd leave work at a time like this, but we found no better time. It was a prime opportunity to step out in faith, fully trusting the Lord. It's been different, for sure, but just fine no less. Trust in Him and know that He has it all figured out before you even get there. God bless and thanks for writing!
Jen--somehow I missed this link last week! I apologize for the late read and comment. Friend...I will pray for this time of waiting and uncertainty. I so understand these times of not knowing what is to come. I'm blessed to hear the Lord at work in giving your rest during the unrest. Looking forward to hearing how the Lord provides! Love and hugs.
Post a Comment